Note: October Meeting Rescheduled to 10/10
After the summer break, chapter meetings resumed on 9/12, the second Monday of the month in September, rather than the first. And in October, we also will meet on the second Monday, 10/10, because the first Monday falls on Rosh Hashanah this year.
The meeting was in round table format, and covered a wide range of topics:
- We had special guests Mary Finamore and Jackie Gallagher, and we spent some time in appreciation of Tony Finamore, who was a member of our group for an all too brief time.
- We elected Andy Walker, an accomplished painter, sculptor, photographer and teacher as vice-president.
- A variety of outreach possibilities were discussed, as well up possible meeting topics, such as:
- The third CI provider (we’ve heard from two in the past year)
- Captioning services.
- A presentation on the biology of aging.
- An outing to a local theater with hearing assistance. e.g. Town and Country Players
- Interaction with public services, e.g. with law enforcement if hearing impaired
- Other discussion topics included:
- The convention in DC; progress and products for hearing loss.
- The Yellow Dot program, which can alert emergency personnel that a passenger or driver is in some way disabled. Details HERE
- The 2016 Walk4Hearing on October 9 at The Navy Yard. Patty Cortez is leading the MontCo team. Volunteers are needed to help in a variety of ways on that date.
You can sign up to help HERE
Note: October Meeting Rescheduled to 10/10.
The meeting will be an “ALD Workshop”, a hands-on show-and-tell session on a variety of devices, such as the Pocketalker, ClearSounds Quattro, the Resound Minimike, the Roger Pen, a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver pair, and a variety of FM and IR systems, even TV-Ears. Bring your favorite device and show it off.
We’ll also have an update from Diana Bender about programs and activities a the national office of HLAA